At our house, we enjoy hearty, delicious meals. God gave us spices, oils, and fresh ingredients that can completely change the taste of a dish. This recipe is simple, but the flavors work so well together. Inspired by my aunt Kara’s cooking and my mom’s love for a depth of flavor, this is my very favorite version of chicken thighs.
You will need the following ingredients:
1 package of chicken thighs (6-8 thighs)
Sea Salt or Seasoning Salt
Black Pepper (or Black Pepper Vitality Oil)
Start by preheating your oven to 375.
I like to use fresh chicken thighs, but frozen is fine as long as the meat has fully thawed. Pat down the thighs with a paper towel until try and place skin-side up in a baking dish.
Next, work in the spices! Cayenne pepper and salt first (use seasoning salt if you have it!). Be sure to get both sides of the chicken with the seasonings. I like to put a little seasoning under the skin as well! Then sprinkle with black pepper on the top.
Next, drizzle olive oil over the chicken. Don’t be shy about the amount. It should coat the chicken well! Work it around both sides of the meat until well covered.
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sea salt or Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken thighs from package and pat down dry with a paper towel. Place skin-side up in a baking dish.
- Shake cayenne pepper and salt on both sides of the meat. Season under the skin as well for extra flavor. Sprinkle black pepper or use 3 drops of Black Pepper Vitality Oil on the top.
- Dice the garlic into small chunks and sprinkle over the top of the chicken. Liberally apply olive oil on the top and move chicken to coat all sides.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes on the middle rack. Cook uncovered for crispy chicken. Serve over rice and pour the oil sauce over the chicken for a rich flavor.